Happy August! Summer is almost over. Of course, here in Wisconsin, August is usually the most consistently hot of the summer, but I’m curious to see what this one is like since the other months have been so weird.
How was your July? Mine was pretty busy. If you are a newsletter subscriber, you’ll have seen this picture before, but I thought I would share it with the rest of you, too.
It was a busy, but fun month. And I wrote an average of more than 1,000 words each day! Which means my total for the month went over my goal of 25,000 words by over 6,000 words! It’s been a great month of me trying to be more consistent and intentional in my writing. Doing these blog posts has been a great help to me.
What else did I accomplish? Well, here’s the list I made at the beginning of July and how well I did with each.
- Edits #2 and #3 of Lo, How a Rose (Done!)
- Finish writing rough draft of Christmas story collection (Done by July 17th)
- If those stories don’t reach my 25,000 word goal, start writing The Haven of Rest (Done, and 2/3rd through – as it stands, I think this might be the shortest of the series)
- Continue working on Un Sospiro and get past the 4th page (Mostly done, I got past the 4th page, but it’s not polished up yet)
- Finish beta-reading Bitter Winter (Done! And it’s really good!)
- Continue WWI research (Done, though not as much as I should have)
- Stay cool!! (Done! The last week or so, I’ve even had to wear hoodies to stay warm. Like I said, it’s been a weird year weather-wise)
- Go through HLM proofreader edits and send to formatters
- LHaR edit #4 and send to proofreaders
- Edit #1 of Christmas stories, send to beta-readers, and then edit #2
- Finish writing The Haven of Rest
- Work on book covers with Perry
- Work on novella release
- Polish up the first 4 pages of Un Sospiro and start working on pages 5 and 6
- Exercise at least 3 times per week
I’d love to help encourage you in your goals. Feel free to comment here with them, or email them to me using the contact form. Have a great month!